VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, November 20, 2020
November 20, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or Honey Glazed Chicken on a Biscuit, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh and Canned Fruit & Milk.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- ACT extended the registration deadline for the December 12 test to today with NO late fees. Register at act.org
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- Students are asked to take down your fall sports locker posters. Those that are still up on the locker next week will be thrown away.
- Today is the deadline for the canned food drive that the Student Council and FBLA are putting on! The winning class will each receive a free FBLA sucker and EVERY item that you bring gets you a raffle ticket in the drawing for a FREE item from The Badger Den. If you bring one of the following items, you get double tickets in the raffle: canned corn, canned yams/sweet potatoes, canned cranberries, and boxed stuffing. Here are the current counts for each class: Freshmen-9 items, Sophomores-9 items, Juniors-47 items, and Seniors-0 items!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Southwest Conference One Acts will be Monday at Minden. Students need to arrive at school at 5:45am Monday to load the trailer and do make-up. Departure will be at 6:45 a.m. The team will perform at noon. Spectators will be limited but tickets will be available from Mrs. Kilmer. Team will arrive back around 6pm.
- Wrestling and Boys Basketball practice today after school. Girls basketball will practice at 6 pm.
- In an effort to mitigate the spread of Covid 19, Thanksgiving break will be extended. There will be no classes at Valentine Community Schools November 30th or December 1st. Deep cleaning will be taking place during this time. Classes will resume Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Congratulations to the following for placing at last Friday’s District Livestock competition: Sr. Livestock Judging, team of Fletcher Larsen, Michaela Keller, Shauna Radant, & Alyssa Hockenbary placed 3rd, with Fletcher Larsen placing 3rd individually. The Jr. Livestock Judging team of Lex Larsen, Dane Pilakowski, Johnny Kruger,& Mataya Morrison team placed 3rd with Lex Larsen placing 2nd individually. The Agronomy team of Taylor Battershaw, Delaney Robison, Hayden Larabee, & Tagg Buechle placed 2nd and individually Taylor Battershaw – placed 6th.