VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
November 10, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Chicken Ranch Pasta w/Dinner Roll, or Cheeseburger, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Broccoli, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One Act play practice today at 3:45 pm. One-Act Cast & Crew - Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Students: We are now in the ORANGE on the risk dial. That means there will be some small changes in the school day. Students will not be allowed in the building until 7:45AM. Once you enter the building you need to go straight to the classroom unless you are eating breakfast. If you are eating breakfast you need to sit one person per table. No food of any kind in the classrooms. Masks are required in all classrooms regardless of how many students are in the classroom
- The locker rooms will be closed after 7th period today due to the Middle School wrestling here at 4:30 pm.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- ACT extended the registration deadline for the December 12 test to November 20 with NO late fees. Register at act.org
- Freshmen get your class dues money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Juniors need to pay their $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage. Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- The Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons each Tuesday in Nov. and Dec. through the 15th. Bring cash or check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- FBLA and Student Council are teaming up for a school-wide can food drive. Each can of food will get you a raffle ticket for an item from the Badger Den! Every can of food that is on the Very Important List gets you 2 raffle tickets! Food Drive will run from today till November 20th!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Student Council will be doing a Leadership summit today during periods 2-5 at MPCC.
- Due to the elevated risk in our community and in following our Return to School protocol, the college visit to Chadron State College and Western Nebraska Community College scheduled for November 12 has been cancelled. Seniors who had signed up for this visit will be given 1 additional excused day to visit a college of their choosing. We plan to reschedule the trip during the spring for the juniors who had signed up for this visit.
- FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- Congratulations to Grant Springer, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Mrs. Gass says Grant Springer, began the 2020 Cross Country season with 20:31.5 at the Ainsworth meet and ran a 19:51.76 in Ogallala. Grant has improved throughout the year and was a reliable #1 runner throughout the season.
- Congratulations to Riece Rivera, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Springer says Riece has really stepped up this semester in both band and choir. He has become a leader in the trumpet section of the band and has started to sing out more in choir. I’m really proud of his efforts and his leadership in both classes!
- Interact will meet Wednesday at 8:15 pm at MPCC.
- Veterans Day program will be with a video due to COVID. Students will watch in their classrooms at 10:30 am. Wednesday.
- Mock Trial will meet Thursday at 4:15 pm in Mrs. Adams room.
- Congratulations to Fletcher Larsen on placing 3rd in the Laramie County Community College Virtual Livestock Judging Contest this past week.
- Also Congratulations to the Valentine Sr. Livestock Judging team for placing 3rd as a team. On that team were: Fletcher Larsen, Michaela Keller, Blaine Sage, & Kassity Denbo.