VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, November 02, 2020
November 2, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Italian Sub, Creamy Macaroni & Cheese w/Dinner roll, or Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 pm
- One-Act Cast & Crew - Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship just announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Freshmen get your class dues money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Juniors need to pay their $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage. Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- Student Council members need to pay your $20.00 dues to Taylor Battershaw today if you have not done so yet, or you will be added to the fines list. Let Mrs. Arganbright know if you do not want to be on Student Council.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due by this Friday, Nov. 6th.
- Staff or students that would like to be a part of the ‘Thank a Veteran’ video project let Mrs. Arganbright know or stop in the library after school, through Wednesday to record your short message!
- Classes today will run on a 2:00 dismissal schedule for an In-service.
- Students: The teachers are working on a list of students, which is posted in the office window, who have late work. Any student who is on that list is going to be required to stay after school today from 2:00-3:00 in the commons area. You are required to stay and your teachers will be here to help. No exceptions. Check the window facing the locker area to see if you are on that list.
- There will be a FFA meeting today at 2:00 pm.
- There will be a meeting today after school in Mr. Allison's room #105 for all those interested in going out for wrestling this year. If you are also in FFA go to the wrestling meeting first as this will be a very brief meeting.
- The Badger Den Grand Opening is tomorrow over the lunch period in the Commons, and will be open over lunch each Tuesday in Nov. and Dec. through the 15th. Bring cash or check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- The college visit to Northeast Community College & Wayne State is tomorrow. Students need to be here by 6:45 am because the bus will leave the parking lot at 7. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and masks are required for the entire trip. Girls will sit at the front of the bus and boys at the back. They should be back around 7:15 pm.
- FBLA Officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- Girls Basketball will be having a team meeting Thursday @ 7:00 am in Mr. Jensen's room.
- Speech Team “Newbie” meeting is Thursday at 3:45 pm in Mrs. Cardinal’s room 116.
- Mock Trial will meet Thursday at 4:15 pm in Mrs. Adams room.
- The deadline for the December 12 ACT is Friday, November 6. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through November 20. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.