VHS Daily Announcements
Thursday, October 08, 2020
October 8, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Breaded Beef Patty Sandwich, or Taco in a Bag, Fresh Broccoli Florets, Refried Beans, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Homecoming Spirit days are this week. Today is: The '80s Rock, and Friday is: Badger Spirit.
- Those that dress up for the Homecoming Spirit days are asked to meet in the Commons at 7:50 am each day this week for a group picture for the yearbook.
- The BadgerCast is looking for anyone that would like to help announce the Badger Football game on Friday. If you are interested, find Mrs. Arganbright.
- Choir class will meet in the Auditorium today.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year have arrived and may be picked up in the office if you ordered one. If you did not order one in advance we have a few available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk on October 17th at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. on Thursday, October 15 in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so your attendance is required.
- From Oct. 1 to Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- SWC Middle & High School Cross Country at Gothenburg today at 4:00 pm. High School XC team will eat 1st shift and dismiss at 11:30 am to eat and load the bus at 11:45 am.
- Reserve, JV, & Varsity Volleyball at Gordon/Rushville today at 5:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm.
- All students please check your email for the Homecoming Royalty ballot from Mrs. Arganbright. If you did not receive one please let her know.
- Friday’s football game will be at 7:00 pm vs. Bridgeport. Classes Friday will run on a shortened 2:00 dismissal schedule. Fall Sport athletes and coaches will meet in the gym at 1:40 Friday to walk over to the Elementary for a walk through. The parade will be held Friday at 2:30 PM. Crowning of the King & Queen will take place during halftime of the football game on Friday. The dance will follow in the Multipurpose room $5 for singles and $8 for a couple. Masks will be required for all Homecoming activities.
- Reserve Volleyball at Gordon Saturday begins at 10:00 am, but we will not be playing until round 2. Departure will be at 8:30 am.
- FBLA members who would like to be on the Board of Directors for the Badger store opening in November of 2020, please attend an organizational meeting this Sunday, 10/11/20 at 2:00pm in the Commons.
- If any Sophomores want to be on their float for the parade Friday, meet at Reimers Well Drilling right after school and bring a bag of Candy.