VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, October 05, 2020
October 5, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Macroni & Cheese w/Dinner Roll, or Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Homecoming Spirit days are this week. Today is: Roll out the Red Carpet (dress as your favorite celebrity) Tuesday: is Patriotic Day (wear your best Red, White, & Blue)Wednesday: Let's Go to the Beach, Thursday: The '80s Rock and Friday: Badger Spirit. The parade will be held Friday at 2:30 PM. Classes Friday will run on a shortened 2:00 dismissal schedule. Crowning of the King & Queen will take place during halftime of the football game on Friday. The dance will follow in the Multipurpose room $5 for singles and $8 for a couple. Masks will be required for all Homecoming activities.
- Those that dress up for the Homecoming Spirit days are asked to meet in the Commons at 7:55 am each day this week for a group picture for the yearbook.
- Congratulations to the class of 2021 for earning the Powderpuff Football Championship and to the class of 2023 As the volleyball champions! It was a great evening to kick off the homecoming festivities.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year have arrived and may be picked up in the office if you ordered one. If you did not order one in advance we have a few available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk on October 17th at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. Those 16 & under are welcome to participate free but must be accompanied by a registered adult. Dress in your favorite Halloween costume as a “best costume” prize will also be awarded. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- Attention sophomores: Window painting today at Reeces on Main Street at 6:15pm sharp!
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. on Thursday, October 15 in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so your attendance is required.
- Varsity Girls Golf Districts will be at Ogallala today.
- JV Football is here tonight vs. O’Neill at 5:30 pm.
- Congratulations to this year's NHS officers. President is Elli Springer, Vice President- Calvin Stoeger, Secretary- Delaney Robison, and Treasurer-Fletcher Larsen.
- JV & Varsity Tri Invite at Gothenburg tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 11:45 am
- ACT test for Seniors that were unable to take the test Sept. 22nd will be tomorrow from 8 am till noon at Mid Plains Community College.
- FBLA officer meeting will be Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- From Oct. 1 to Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.