VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, September 08, 2020
September 8, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Loaded Hashbrowns w/Dinner Roll, or Chicken Nuggets w/Dinner Roll, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Broccoli Florets, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- 2.Students please remember to bring everything you need into the building so you don’t have to ask to go to your vehicle during the day to get something. The traffic in the office is far too busy and is not necessary if you just think before you enter the building for the day.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Congrats to all Cross Country runners on your performance at Ainsworth last Thursday. You had a super day at Ainsworth. Riece Rivera, Grant Springer, Jack Lancaster, and MaKenzie Long all medaled.
- There will be a short informational meeting before school Wednesday morning in the Auditorium at 7:30 am. for all students (cast and crew) who are interested in participating in one-act.
- Tryouts for this year's one act play will be held Tuesday, September 15th right after school and Wednesday, September 16th at 7 a.m. in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Athletes should plan accordingly in order to not miss your sports practices.
- Attention Student Council Members. If you are currently a member of Student Council but do not want to be please let Mrs. Arganbright know. You can find a list of current members posted outside Mrs. Arganbright's room.
- Freshmen, be sure to check your email from Mrs. Manning about your class fundraiser. You will receive a paper order form in your Physical Science class today. If you have any questions or will not be in class, please see Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Our fundraiser will run through next Wednesday, September 16th.
- Girls Golf scheduled for Chadron today has been postponed till Sept. 17th.
- JV Football will be here vs. Chadron today at 5:00 pm.
- JV & Varsity Volleyball Tri Invite will be at Atkinson with O’Neill is scheduled today at 5:30 pm although rumor is that it may be at 5:00 instead. Team will dismiss at 2:45 pm or possibly 2:15 today if the game is at 5:00. Players will need to take responsibility to get any work done that you will miss for periods 8 for sure.
- Any NHS member interested in signing up to run as an officer, the sign-up sheet is outside of Mrs. Stoner's door. You have until 4 PM tomorrow the 9th to sign up.
- There will be an Interact meeting tomorrow at 8:00 pm at Mid Plains Community College for all members and for those that are interested in joining Interact.
- Congratulations to Kassity Denbo for being the Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Cardinal says: I am honored to nominate Kassity Denbo as scholar of the week. Kassity has totally impressed me in Journalism class this year. She and her classmate, Nicole Williams developed and presented an amazing tutorial for our whole class - tips for taking photos. She has volunteered to take pictures at almost every single event to date. Kassity is spending time outside of class working on her assignments to make sure they don't just get done, but they are done well. She is not afraid to take on new tasks and is embracing learning new skills. She is showing initiative and I LOVE that. Kassity...I am thrilled to have you in Journalism, keep up the excellent work!
- Congratulations to Riece Rivera, our Badger Athelete of the Week. Coach Gass says Riece has shown outstanding leadership this year. His dedication to the program has been appreciated throughout his 4 years. Riece's 12 place individual performance led the Badgers to a 4th place team finish at the Ainsworth Invitational this week. Keep up the great work, Riece!