VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, September 04, 2020
September 4, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Tasted Sausage Breakfast Sandwich, Baby Carrots, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder that you need to stay in a single file line.
- Students please remember to bring everything you need into the building so you don’t have to ask to go to your vehicle during the day to get something. The traffic in the office is far too busy and is not necessary if you just think before you enter the building for the day.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Congratulations to the Girls golf team for placing 2nd yesterday at Atkinson and earning 3 medals. Shauna Radant placed 2nd, Nicole Williams 6th, & Becca McGinley 12th.
- Attention freshmen-juniors. DO NOT PARK in a painted spot. Those are reserved for the seniors that paid for them. Please find the fine list in the office window if you so choose to park in the painted parking spot.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will not need to be in school September 22nd as that is the date set for the Seniors to take the ACT here at the high school from 8:00 till noon. September 23rd is a District wide in-service so there is not school that day for students.
- Varsity Football at O’Neill today at 7:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:30 pm.
- Attention Seniors: Seniors: Your cap and gown orders are due to Mrs P by today.
- There will be a short informational meeting before school next Wednesday morning (September 9) in Mrs. Pilakowski’s room at 7:30 am. for all students (cast and crew) who are interested in participating in one-act.
- Tryouts for this year's one act play will be held Tuesday, September 15th right after school and Wednesday, September 16th at 7 a.m. in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Athletes should plan accordingly in order to not miss your sports practices.
- Attention Student Council Members. If you are currently a member of Student Council but do not want to be please let Mrs. Arganbright know. You can find a list of current members posted outside Mrs. Arganbright's room.
- Student council officer meeting Tuesday morning 7:15 am in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
- Girls Golf will be at Chadron Tuesday, September 8th at 10:00 am. Departure will be at 7:00 am.
- JV Football will be here vs. Chadron Tuesday at 5:00 pm.
- JV & Varsity Volleyball Tri Invite will be at Atkinson with O’Neill next Tuesday at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:45 pm.
- Any NHS member interested in signing up to run as an officer, the sign-up sheet is outside of Mrs. Stoner's door. You have until 4 PM next Wednesday the 9th to sign up.
- There is no school Monday due to Labor Day. Enjoy your long weekend and classes will resume on Tuesday, September 8th.
- There will be an Interact meeting next Wednesday, Sept. 9th at 8:00 pm at Mid Plains Community College for all members and for those that are interested in joining Interact.
- All sports passes are available from Mr. Brown for $35.00 students and $70.00 adults. Family passes are $175.00. Admission to games is $5.00 students and $6.00 adults. Please remember to have your pass with you when attending games or be prepared to pay.