VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, August 31, 2020
August 31, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Sloppy Joe, or Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Baby Carrots, Green Beans, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder that you
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Attention freshmen-juniors. DO NOT PARK in a painted spot. Those are reserved for the seniors that paid for them. Please find the fine list in the office window if you so choose to park in the painted parking spot.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will not need to be in school September 22nd as that is the date set for the Seniors to take the ACT here at the high school from 8:00 till noon. September 23rd is a District wide in-service so there is not school that day for students.
- JV Football here vs. Hershey at 6:00 pm today.
- We've been getting some questions about homecoming festivities lately. We plan on having all homecoming activities as of now. However, only current Valentine High School students grades 9-12 will be allowed to the dance. More information will be given as we approach homecoming week. Thank you for your understanding.
- Varsity Girls Golf Invite Thursday @ Atkinson/Stuart 9:00 am – Depart 6:30 am
- Middle & High School XC @ 4:00 pm Thursday at Ainsworth – Team dismisses 1:40 pm
- Reserve, JV & Varsity Volleyball Thursday here at 4:30 pm vs Winner.
- Congratulations to Calvin Stoeger, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Springer and Mrs. Rhoades say Calvin has been a great leader in the band this year. He is one of our drum majors, and has been doing a wonderful job!! Calvin is always ready to go and does a great job on his bari-sax. He has been very proactive about finding new music, even making a survey to see what others wanted to play. Calvin also recently created a design for our band tee-shirts!! He is kind and helpful to the other band members and always has a great attitude!
- Congratulations to Shauna Radant, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Mr. Muirhead says Shauna has started her senior year off on the right track by winning the Ainsworth Invitational this past Thursday. Shauna shot an 89 for the 18 holes which led the Lady Badgers to a team championship.
- If you received a bill from Mid Plains for your Dual Credit class, just dis-regard this bill as Mid Plains was suppose to bill the school instead of the families.
- Attention Sophomores: If you don’t get your fundraising packet in class with Mrs. Hoefs today, please stop by Mrs. Cardinal’s room after school.
- Attention Seniors: Seniors: Your cap and gown orders are due to Mrs P by Friday.
- All sports passes are available from Mr. Brown for $35.00 students and $70.00 adults. Family passes are $175.00. Admission to games is $5.00 students and $6.00 adults. Please remember to have your pass with you when attending games or be prepared to pay.