VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
August 25, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Breaded Beef Sandwich, or Soft Shell Beefy Tacos, Fresh Broccoli Florets, Refried Beans, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder if you get a seconds meal you need to get a red ticket from the office, have money in your lunch account to obtain a seconds meal, give the ticket to the kitchen to receive the seconds meal and also tell the person on the lunch cart you have doubles.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- Cross Country & Volleyball practice each day before or after school.
- Congratulations to the following Senior class Co-Presidents: Tim Egelhoff & Chris Williams and to their Secretary Delaney Robison, & Treasurer Fletcher Larsen.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.5 or greater - please check your email for a message from Mr. Cronin related to Believers and Achievers applications. Your application is due no later than this Friday at noon.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Reminder at 7:50 you are required to go to the classrooms, if you arrive after 7:50 then you will go directly to the classroom where the teachers will be there to supervise. If you are getting breakfast here at the school you will get the breakfast in the kitchen and take it with you to your first classroom. The lunch room and lunch line will need to be spaced further, please do not move the chairs. We will be staggering dismissal times beginning at 3:22. The objective is to try and get kids out of the building, so no lingering in the commons area, gym and/or lockers. Students serving detention go directly to the office when dismissed. The water fountains are closed except for refilling water bottles.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than this Friday, August 28th. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions.
- There will be a mock trial informational meeting today after school in Mrs. Adams’ room 113.
- Varsity Girls golf scramble today at Atkinson/Stuart at 10:00 am –Departure at 7:30 am
- There will be a brief Junior Class Officer and Junior Student Council member meeting in Mrs. Adams' room Thursday, right after school. Be prompt so we can get done quickly.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will not need to be in school September 22nd as that is the date set for the Seniors to take the ACT here at the high school from 8:00 till noon. September 23rd is a District wide inservice so there is not school that day for students.
- Reminder to Seniors your parking space selection will began yesterday. Parking spots are posted in the senior hallway and office windows so that you have an idea when you sign up. Designs and remaining $20 fee will be due Thursday for approval. Our first paint day will be 8/29 from 7AM-3PM. MUST be done by 3PM. If you have any questions please find Mrs. Arganbright.
- Student Council will have a Meet and Greet Wednesday at 7:00 pm in the Commons
- Varsity Girls Golf Invite is at Ainsworth Thursday at 9:30 am. Departure at 7:30 am.
- Reserve, JV, & Varsity Volleyball home vs. Bennett Co. Thursday at 5:30 pm.