VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, August 24, 2020
August 24, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Toasted Cheese Sandwich, or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Fresh Baby Carrots, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder if you get a seconds meal you need to get a red ticket from the office, have money in your lunch account to obtain a seconds meal, give the ticket to the kitchen to receive the seconds meal and also tell the person on the lunch cart you have doubles.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf practice each day before or after school.
- Monday football practice will be half rack, regular time after school. Tuesday will be full pads 5 30 am. Wednesday is TBD. Due to forecasted temps.
- Reminder at 7:50 you are required to go to the classrooms, if you arrive after 7:50 then you will go directly to the classroom where the teachers will be there to supervise. If you are getting breakfast here at the school you will get the breakfast in the kitchen and take it with you to your first classroom. The lunch room and lunch line will need to be spaced further, please do not move the chairs. We will be staggering dismissal times beginning at 3:22. The objective is to try and get kids out of the building, so no lingering in the commons area, gym and/or lockers. Students serving detention go directly to the office when dismissed. The water fountains are closed except for refilling water bottles.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than this Friday, August 28th. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions. Mid-Plains Community College is here today if you still need to take the Accuplacer test.
- If you ordered a track hoodie last year and didn’t get it, stop by Mr. Brown’s office and pick it up.
- Congratulations to the following Junior class officers: President: Hayden Larabee, Vice President: Lindsey Boes, Secretary: Dakota Krogman, & Treasurer: Emma Richards.
- Congratulations to the following Sophomore class officers: President: Taylor Battershaw, Vice President: Grace Maunu, Secretary: Jaycie Cox, & Treasurer: Logan Muirhead
- There will be a mock trial informational meeting Tuesday after school in Mrs. Adams’ room 113.
- Varsity Girls golf scramble tomorrow at Atkinson/Stuart at 10:00 am –Departure at 7:30 am
- Congratulations to the following Freshman class officers: President-Grant Boes, Vice President-Grant Springer, Secretary-Bella Ringhoff, & Treasurer-Traven Fletcher
- Congratulations to the following for being selected as Student council members. Jonah Perrett, Hayden Larabee, Maddy Pilakowski, Conner Fowler, Lainey Egelhoff, Malika Monroe, Logan Muirhead, Grant Boes, Sadi Osnes, Grant Springer, Caitlynn Mack, and Finley Mosner. All class presidents are automatically part of the Student Council. Once you are a member of the Student Council you will continue to be until you graduate. Congratulations! We will have a Student Council meeting food provided, Wednesday night 7PM with location to be determined yet.
- Reminder to Seniors your parking space selection will begin today at 3:31. Those dismissed earlier than that please socially distance yourself in the commons until final bell and Mrs. Arganbright will have a table set up for you to choose. Parking spots are posted in the senior hallway and office windows so that you have an idea when you sign up. Designs and remaining $20 fee will be due Thursday for approval. Our first paint day will be 8/29 from 7AM-3PM. MUST be done by 3PM. If you have any questions please find Mrs. Arganbright.