VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, August 21, 2020
August 21, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Taco Burger, Baby Carrots, Green Beans, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder if you get a seconds meal you need to get a red ticket from the office, have money in your lunch account to obtain a seconds meal, give the ticket to the kitchen to actually get the seconds meal and also tell the person on the lunch cart that you have doubles.
- Free and Reduced meal applications need to be turned in as soon as possible if you plan on participating in the program. When depositing money in the office you need to specify if you want the money to go on your brother or sisters’ account.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf practice each day after school.
- Volleyball, Football and Cross Country pictures will be taken after school today at practices.
- Students: On Monday we will be making some small changes to our daily routine to help socially distance and keep schools going. The first change is that at 7:50 you will be required to go to the classrooms, if you arrive after 7:50 then you will go directly to the classroom where the teachers will be there to supervise. If you are getting breakfast here at the school you will get the breakfast in the kitchen and take it with you to your first classroom. The lunch room and lunch line will need to be spaced further, please do not move the chairs. Finally, we will be staggering dismissal times beginning at 3:22. The objective is to try and get kids out of the building, so no lingering in the commons area, gym and/or lockers. Students needing to serve detentions go directly to the office when dismissed. The water fountains are closed except for refilling water bottles.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than August 28. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions.
- If you need to take the Accuplacer for dual-credit, Mid-Plains Community College will be here Monday, August 24th if there are some that have not taken it yet.
- If you ordered a track hoodie last year and didn’t get it, stop by Mr. Brown’s office and pick it up.
- There will be a mock trial informational meeting Tuesday after school in Mrs. Adams’ room 113.
- Class meetings will be held at the end of period 3 at 10:15 am today. Freshmen meet in the gym, Sophomores meet in the choir room, Juniors meet in the Commons and Seniors meet in the Auditorium. Take your chromebook and a pencil or pen as you will be voting on officers at that time.