VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
August 19, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Chicken & Noodles w/Dinner Roll, or Hot Dog, Baby Carrots, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Free and Reduced meal applications need to be turned in as soon as possible if you plan on participating in the program. When depositing money in the office you need to specify if you want the money to go on your brother or sisters’ account.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf practice each day after school.
- High School Fall Sports parent meeting will be in the Commons tonight at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Girls Golf at O’Neill Thursday at 9:00 am. Departure will be at 6:00 am.
- Sign up in the office by Thursday at 1:00 if you want your name on the ballot to be a class officer. Voting will be done during the class meetings Friday at 10:15 a.m. during the last part of period 3. If you are chosen as president of your class you are automatically part of student council. If you’re already in student council you can still run as president.
- Volleyball, Football and Cross Country pictures will be taken after school Friday at practices.
- If you use an ice bag please remember to dump the water/ice out before putting it in the trash can.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than August 28. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions.
- If you need to take the Accuplacer for dual-credit, Mid-Plains Community College will be here on Thursday, August 20 from 8-3:30 so you can take the test during your study hall. If needed, they will also be here Monday, August 24.
- If you ordered a track hoodie last year and didn’t get it stop by Mr. Brown’s office and pick it up.
- Students who are interested in being a part of Student Council should find Mrs. Arganbright for an application. Applications will be due back to Mrs. Arganbright by Thursday by 3:30 PM.
- Class meetings will be held at the end of period 3 at 10:15 am Friday. Freshmen meet in the gym, Sophomores meet in the choir room, Juniors meet in the Commons and Seniors meet in the Auditorium. Take your chromebook and a pencil or pen as you will be voting on officers at that time.
- Gatorade Scrimmages will be Thursday with the Volleyball starting at 5:00 and the Football starting at 6:00 pm.