VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
August 18, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Chicken Ranch Pasta w/Dinner Roll, Cheeseburger, Fresh Broccoli, Steamed Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. As part of the COVID 19 guidelines, please wait for someone to serve you in the kitchen and refrain from helping yourself to the fruits/vegetables, and condiments such as dressing, ketchup, mayo etc. Reminder that you still need to have 3 items on your tray and that you need to have ½ c of fruit or vegetables.
- Free and Reduced meal applications need to be turned in as soon as possible if you plan on participating in the program. When depositing money in the office you need to specify if you want the money to go on your brother or sisters’ account.
- Students wishing a second meal (on the main dish only) need to obtain a ticket from the office before lunch on the day you want your seconds meal. You must have money in your account in order to receive a second meal, or to purchase any extra items. Seconds meals cost $1.70 and on name brand pizza day the second piece of pizza will cost $1.90.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf practice each day after school.
- FBLA Organizational meeting will be held at the Trailhead on Main Street (corner of 1st and Main) tonight at 6:30 pm. Pizza will be served. Come, find out about FBLA and get involved!
- We will do concussion testing for all freshmen, juniors and any students that transferred in today immediately after school in the commons area. This is for any student that will be participating in any sports this year.
- High School Fall Sports parent meeting will be in the Commons Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Girls Golf at O’Neill Thursday at 9:00 am. Departure will be at 6:00 am.
- Sign up in the office by Thursday at 1:00 if you want your name on the ballot to be a class officer. Voting will be done during the class meetings Friday at 10:15 a.m. during the last part of period 3. If you are chosen as president of your class you are automatically part of student council. If you’re already in student council you can still run as president.
- Volleyball, Football and Cross Country pictures will be taken after school Friday at practices.
- If you use an ice bag please remember to dump the water/ice out before putting it in the trash can.
- Sudents who are interested in being a part of Student Council should find Mrs. Arganbright for an application. Applications will be due back to Mrs. Arganbright by Thursday by 3:30 PM.