February 17, 2020
- Lunch for today is Ham & Cheese Bagel Melt, Popcorn Chicken Bites w/Dinner roll, Strawberry Banana Yogurt Crunch Parfait wGraham Crackers, Stir Fry Vegetable Medley, Roasted Ranch Garbanzo Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Reminder that if you owe for lunches you are not allowed to take extras for either breakfast or lunch. The list that are below the limit is always posted in the doorway of the kitchen.
3. Today is John Baylor ACT test prep day from 8-10:00 am. Then classes will run on the 10:00 schedule and we eat lunch during period 4.
4. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
5. The Junior class is raffling off a 32” Samsung smart TV as a fundraiser. Tickets may be purchased from Mrs. Wrage or Mrs. Adams or at any home event from now till Feb. 21st. Tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.
6. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
7. Girls State Applications are due today into the office. If you missed the meeting, there are applications in the office. Girls State interviews will be after school tomorrow in the Board room..
8. There will be a representative from MPCC today at 1:15 pm. The Chadron State College rep will be here Wednesday at 1:00 pm. Sign up in the office if you want to see either one.
9. Girls Sub District basketball begins today vs. Ainsworth at Burwell at 7:00 pm. Girls basketball will load the bus today at 3:45 and depart at 4:00 pm. If they win today they will play tomorrow at 6:00 vs. Broken Bow at Burwell and would need to load bus at 2:45 and depart at 3:00 pm.
10. Sandhills Leadership is today from 1-3:00 pm.
11. Mark your calendars for the public performance for the Speech Team for Friday, February 28th from 5:30-7:00. Refreshments will be served.
12. Boys basketball practice here at the high school after school.
13. FBLA prep is tomorrow at 7:15 am and the FBLA meeting is at 3:35 pm tomorrow.
14. Departure is at 5:00 am Wednesday for FFA day at Cattlemen’s Classic at Kearney
15. Congratulations to the wrestling team for winning the C4 District wrestling tournament this past weekend. District champions are Chris Williams, Gage Krolikowski and Chase Olson. 2nd place Morgan McGinley and 4th place finishes went to Ashton Lurz, Tobin Olson and Gunnar Battershaw. Departure for State will be at 11:00 am Wednesday with a send off in the gym.
16. Congratulations to Grant Fischer, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Larsen says Grant is a great leader for us on and off the court. He makes sure he gives it everything he has every day as well as motivating others to do the same. He is a great student, player and role model for all of our student athletes.
17. Congratulations to Logan Cate for being our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Kilmer says Logan has, without question, been unbelievably dedicated in his pursuit of scholarships. This is not always an easy process, and often students will submit application after application not knowing if they will be rewarded for their diligence. He hasn't given up though, and I admire his tenacity. His work was just rewarded with the prestigious Horatio Alger Association Scholarship. Congratulations - I am so proud of you, Logan! You certainly deserve it!