February 10, 2020
1. Lunch for today is Buffalo Ranch Macaroni & Cheese w/Breadstick, Cheesburger, or Greek Chicken Salad w/Fire Roasted Flatbread, Sweet Potato Fries, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
3. Seniors need to pay $20.00 dues to Katie Petersen or Mrs. P by Friday.
4. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
5. The Junior class is raffling off a 32” Samsung smart TV as a fundraiser. Tickets may be purchased from Mrs. Wrage or Mrs. Adams or at any home event from now till Feb. 21st. Tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.
6. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by Thursday.
7. Students: please do not bring video controllers to school. If you have them your teachers have been instructed to confiscate them and to bring them to the office for you to pick up after school. Thank you.
8. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
9. Girls State Applications will be due by February 17th into the office. If you missed the meeting yesterday, there are applications in the office.
10. TeamMates mentees need to complete the TeamMates survey that was sent in their email awhile back from Mrs. Thorpe.
11. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
12. Reserve Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Ainsworth today at 6:00 pm.
13. Congratulations the 2020 Coronation King & Queen: Morgan McGinley & Faith Cox and to Logan Cate & Katherine Petersen for being selected as the Prince and Princess.
14. Congratulations to the 2020 Duke and Duchess: Brysen Limbach & Shauna Radant. Congratulations to the Count and Countess: Benjamin Butcher & Becca McGinley, and to the Pages:Jaycie Cox & Gavin Sandoz.
15. Special Congratulations to Skyler Reagle for being selected as the Most for VHS.
16. Come to the Library this week, we have some fun stuff going on. Check out a book, guess the number of items in our jar, guess the shredded book and work off your library fine.
17. Congratulations to Skyler Reagle for being selected as the Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Bish says Skyler has been a great leader for us all year on and off the court. She makes sure the team morale is always high and that we have great intensity at practice. She is averaging 7.7 points per game and 1.6 steals per game this year. Along with her scoring she is doing a great job of taking care of the ball and running the point for us.
18. Congratulations to Allison Hitchcock for being our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Swim says Allison is deserving of scholar of the week because she goes above and beyond. In studio art and digital art she strives to learn new techniques and adds personal challenges to the assignments. Allison spends countless hours working on her art outside of the classroom too. Her independent motivation pays off in the quality of her work and the advancement of her artistic ability.