February 4, 2020
- Lunch for today is Beef Stroganoff, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Baked Beans, Cinnamon Bun, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
3. Seniors need to pay $20.00 dues to Katie Petersen or Mrs. P by Feb. 14th.
4. There will be a senior class meeting this Friday, February 7th at 3:32pm in Mrs P's room. We will be taking the nominations for flower, song, motto, etc., and narrowing them down to 2-3 options for a final ballot vote. If you are interested in participating, you are welcome to attend.
5. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
6. The Junior class is raffling off a 32” Samsung smart TV as a fundraiser. Tickets may be purchased from Mrs. Wrage or Mrs. Adams or at any home event from now till Feb. 21st. Tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.
7. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
8. Coronation will be held this Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
9. Coronation rehearsal is at 1:00 pm Sunday in the Gym. All candidates need to be there.
10. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
11. There will be an informational meeting regarding Girls State this Thursday, Feb 6th at 3:30 in the Auditorium for all Junior girls to attend. Girls State Applications will be due by February 17th into the office.
12. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
13. High Plains Music Festival is at Chadron State College today.
14. Boys basketball practice today 3:45-6:00 at the high school and girls will practice 6-8 pm at the high school.
15. FBLA meeting at 3:35 today after school.
16. Reserve Girls & Boys basketball at Cody/Kilgore today at 6:00 pm. Team will depart at 4:00 pm.
17. FFA Career Development Event #1 is in North Platte Wednesday. Departure will be at 5:30 am.
18. There is a post prom meeting at 6:00 pm Thursday in the commons. Parents of Juniors and Seniors are encouraged to be there.
19. John Baylor ACT Test Prep will be Thursday this week from 8-10 am and then classes will run on the 10:00 schedule.
20. Quiz Bowl will practice at 3:35 pm in Mrs. Adams’ room Thursday.
21. Congratulations to Emma Richards, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Ms. Denaeyer says Emma is always prepared when she comes to class. She is a leader in Speech/Theatre, contributing to hilarious improv bits and working hard to practice her performances. Emma is also a great student to have in English 2 because she always goes above and beyond in her assignments and reading logs, even getting them done early! I love having her in class.
22. Congratulations to the Badger Athlete of the Week: Coach Allison says Gage collected his 150th win and 120th career pins this last weekend. Gage is a team captain, works extremely hard, and is looking to become the Badgers all-time career wins leader by the end of the season. Gage has been a pleasure to coach throughout his career. Gage will take his talents to UNK next year.