January 28, 2020
- Lunch for today is Taco in a Bag, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Zesty Black Beans, Cherry Crisp, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- The library is closed today to unsupervised students.
3. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
4. Seniors-you have until Friday to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
5. Seniors need to pay $20.00 dues to Katie Petersen or Mrs. P by Feb. 14th.
6. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due Thursday.
7. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
8. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
9. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
10. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
11. FBLA meeting after school today.
12. The representative from Mitchell Tech will not be coming today. The Western Nebraska rep is still planning a visit Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. Sign up in the office if interested.
13. John Baylor ACT test prep will be tomorrow from 8-10 am and then classes will run on the 10:00 schedule.
14. FFA State Degree Interviews & Proficiency Judging will be at MPCC tomorrow.
15. SWC Girls & Boys basketball consolation games are Thursday at Gothenburg. Girls will play McCook at 7:00 pm, Boys will play Broken Bow at 5:30 pm. The teams will dismiss at 1:15 and depart at 1:30 for Gothenburg.
16. There will be quiz bowl practice Thursday right after school in Mrs. Adams’ room.
17. There will be an informational meeting regarding Girls State Thursday, Feb 6th at 3:30 in the Auditorium for all Junior girls to attend. Girls State Applications will be due by February 17th into the office.
18. Congratulations to the Badger Athlete of the Week, Chase Olson. Coach Allison says Chase went 5-0 in duals at Chadron. The next day at the individual tournament he won his weight class pinning everyone in the first period. In the finals he pinned a state ranked opponent from SD. Chase was named outstanding wrestler of the tournament for the upper weights. Chase is a team captain and showed great leadership throughout the year.
19. Congratulations to our Badger Scholar of the Week, Jace Patterson. Mr. Cronin says Jace worked hard to do well on his biology test last week. All that effort paid off when he received a perfect score of 85/85 on the exam. Great Job, Jace!!
20. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.