January 24, 2020
- Lunch for today is Pepperoni French Bread Pizza, Fresh Baked Cheesy Pizza, Beef & Bean Burrito, or Turkey Combo Deli Wrap, BBQ Baked Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
3. Seniors-you have until next Friday, January 31st to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
4. Quiz Bowl sign up is in Mrs. Adams room.
5. Seniors need to watch for an email from Mrs. Stoner regarding Senior Prophecies.
6. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due next Thursday, January 30th.
7. If you are interested in being on the Badger Cast team please find an application outside of Mrs. Arganbright's room. Applications are due today.
8. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
9. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
10. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
11. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
12. Choir students today will need to bring work or a book to read to class. No one will be allowed to return to their locker to get their work. We will be working on Honor Choir music.
13. Wrestling will be at the Chadron Invite today and Saturday. The Invite will begin at 11:00 am CST today and team will depart at 6:30 am. Saturday’s event will begin at 10:30 am CST.
14. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball at Broken Bow today at 4:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:00 pm.
15. Southwest Conference Basketball will begin Monday. Girls basketball will play at Ainsworth at 6:45 pm and depart at 4:45 pm. Boys will play at McCook at 5:00 pm. Boys will eat 2nd shift and depart at 12:45 Monday.
16. UNK Honor Band & Choral Clinic will be Monday at the UNK Fine Arts Building. Students participating will rehearse all day and have concerts that evening. Festival band at 4:45, Honor Band at 6:10, Women’s Choir at 7:15 and Festival Choir at 7:40 pm. Departure will be Sunday at 3:00 pm.
17. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.