January 21, 2020
- Lunch for today is Macaroni & Cheese w/Dinner roll, BBQ Rib Sandwich, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Peas, Brownie, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
3. There will be a brief Jr. class officer and Jr. class student council members meeting in Mrs. Adams room after school Wednesday.
4. Quiz Bowl sign up is in Mrs. Adams room. For anyone interested there will be a brief informational meeting after school Thursday in Mrs. Adams room.
5. Seniors-you have until January 31st to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
6. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
7. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
8. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due January 30th.
9. If you are interested in being on the Badger Cast team please find an application outside of Mrs. Arganbright's room. Applications are due Friday, January 24th.
10. Students, don't forget to submit your Winter Wonderland photo by today to email@example.com. 1st place wins a $10 Old Mill gift card.
11. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
12. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
13. Student Council please sign up outside of Mrs. Arganbright's room to work the concession stand for Thursday.
14. Boys basketball practice today at MS from 3:45-6:00 pm.Girls basketball practice 6-8 pm at MS.
15. Valentine Varsity Wrestling Tri Invite today at 5:00 pm. This will be Parents Night.
16. FBLA meeting at 3:35 pm today. FBLA officer meeting tomorrow at 7:30 am.
17. JV/Varsity Girls & Boys Basketball here vs. Stuart Thursday at 4:30 pm. Pep Band needs to be here by _____.
18. Congratulations to Makenzie Long, our Badger Scholar of the week. Mrs. Cardinal says Makenzie is excelling in Personal Finance. Although she doesn't necessarily love learning about finances, she knows it is important! Her attitude is great and she is focused on gaining financial knowledge. She has the killer combo of tenacity and kindness. What impresses me most is how Makenzie works with others. She is kind, she is encouraging, she is selfless, she is AMAZING! It is truly an honor to have her in class.
19. Congratulations to Jon Keller, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Larsen says Jon has been an on court leader all year. He Had 10 pts, 5 assists, 7 steals vs only 1 turnover against Cody-Kilgore to helpt the Badgers to a big win. Jon has been a steady performer for us every night and plays with great toughness and heart.
20. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.