January 16, 2020
- Lunch for today is Nosh’n But Brunch: Jacked Stacked, Cheese Quesadilla with Beefy Enchilada Soup, or Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Ranch Potatoes, Carnival Cookie, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk. We will be eating during period 4 class today since we are on the 10:00 schedule.
2. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
3. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
4. Seniors-you have until January 31st to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
5. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
6. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
7. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due January 30th.
8. For those interested in being a member of the 2020-2021 Journalism class, there is a sign-up sheet outside of Mrs. Stoner's door. You must also take an application and fill it out. Applications are due to Mrs. Stoner by the end of the day today.
9. The library copy of the year book is missing. Please check your backbacks and lockers for it.
10. There is a ton of germs going around between the flu, influenza A and influenza B, so we cannot stress enough NOT to share a drink with anyone, even if you think they are healthy, and to wash your hands frequently!
11. TeamMates Mentors will be recognized at the High School basketball game on Friday.We will look forward to seeing you all!
12. Varsity Wrestling Tri Invite at Broken Bow today at 5:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:00 pm.
13. Students, don't forget to submit your Winter Wonderland photo by Monday to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1st place wins a $10 Old Mill gift card.
14. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
15. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Hershey Friday at 4:30 pm.
16. Valentine Speech Invite is Saturday at 9:00 am.
17. JV/Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Ogallala at 3:00 pm Saturday.
18. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.