January 9, 2020
- Lunch for today is Spaghetti w/Garlic Breadstick, Spicy or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, or Fresh Baked combo Sub, Peas, Gelatin Dessert, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Students needing to change classes for this semester need to see Mrs. Kilmer for a request to change classes form that will need to be signed by the teachers and your parents and returned by today at 4:00 pm.
3. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
4. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
5. Boys basketball practice today at the high school from 3:45-6:00 and Girls will practice here from 6-8 pm.
6. JV Wrestling at Gothenburg today at 3:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 10:00 am.
7. Varsity Wrestlers will depart at 5:00 pm today for Columbus. Wrestling at Columbus begins at 10:00 am Friday and continues Saturday.
8. Tired of cooking after the holidays? Come and support the Student Council today by eating at Runza. 10 % of the sales today will go back to the Valentine Student Council. That will help towards our scholarship, spring community service, and next fall Homecoming. Thanks for your support.
9. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets will be on sale soon, any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
10. Congratulations to those who made the 1st semester Honor Roll. It is posted in the office window. Let the office know if you are not listed but think you should be and we will check it out
11. JV/Varsity Girls Basketball here vs. Gordon/Rushville Friday at 6:00 pm.
12. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball at Minden Saturday at 1:00 pm. Team departs at 7:00 am
13. Congratulations to the following for being selected as Coronation King/Queen, Prince/Princess Candidates: Rhea Benson, Faith Cox, Shelby Grooms, Macy Homan, Katherine Petersen, Skyler Reagle, Jace Anderson, Clay Billings, Logan Cate, Grant Fischer, Jon Keller, & Morgan McGinley.
14. Congratulations to the following for being selected as Coronation Duke/Duchess candidates: Xandra Conroy, Shauna Radant, Haylee Richards, Jennifer Sinnett, Kane Fowler, Brysen Limbach, Tyler Michalek, & Calvin Stoeger.
15. Congratulations to the following for being selected as Coronation Count/Countess candidates: Renee Fisbeck, Sophia Jordan, Becca McGinley, Kaylee Wenig, Ben Butcher, Matt Gibson, Drake Janssen, & Tobin Olson.
16. Congratulations to the following for being selected as Coronation Page/Pages Candidates: Hanna Bitner, Lainey Egelhoff, Jaycie Cox, Sheldyn Rodgers, Ashton Lurz, Erik Nelson, Gavin Sandoz, & Tanner Yager.
17. The libraries copy of the year book is missing. Please check your backbacks and lockers for it.
18. Congratulations to Haley Hesse, our Badger of the Week. Coach Bish says Haley helped the lady badgers to 3 wins in 4 games this past week. She had back to back double-doubles against West hold and Cody-Kilgore. She was one rebound off a school record vs. CK when she recorded 15 rebounds to go along with her 15 points.
19. Congratulations to Malika Monroe, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs Lueck says Malika is a dedicated, hard working student who is always willing to go above and beyond. She always takes the time to do the extra mile and does everything she can to keep herself on that higher level. Malika is willing and eager to help her students and is a delight to have in class. Keep up the hard work Malika!