January 7, 2020
1. Lunch for today is Classic Beefy Chili w/Crackers, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & turkey Sub, Candied Carrots, Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Students needing to change classes for this semester need to see Mrs. Kilmer for a request to change classes form that will need to be signed by the teachers and your parents and returned by Thurs. at 4:00 pm.
3. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
4. Junior class officer and student council members meet in Mrs. Adams room Wednesday right after school for a quick prom meeting. Juniors are reminded to pay $10 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
5. We are missing a PreCalc book from Mrs. Wrage’s room, so whomever has it needs to return it today!!
6. Internship students will meet in the classroom this week.
7. FBLA will meet today at 3:35 pm.
8. There will be a Speech Team meeting today at 3:40 pm in Mrs. Cardinal’s room.
9. Boys basketball practice today at the high school from 3:45-6:00 and Girls will practice here from 6-8 pm.
10. FBLA Officer meeting tomorrow at 7:30 am.
11. JV Wrestling at Gothenburg Thursday at 3:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 10:00 am.
12. Varsity Wrestlers will depart at 5:00 pm Thursday for Columbus.
13. Tired of cooking after the holidays? Thursday come and support the Student Council by eating at Runza. On Thursday 10 % of the sales will go back to the Valentine Student Council. That will help towards our scholarship, spring community service, and next fall Homecoming. Thanks for your support.
14. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets will be on sale soon, any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. If you are a candidate and want to rent a tux reminder to get to Outback or Youngs and get it ordered.
15. Congratulations to those who made the 1st semester Honor Roll. It is posted in the office window. Let the office know if you are not listed but think you should be and we will check it out.