December 19, 2019
- No Lunch served today or tomorrow and only breakfast both days.
2. Bell Ringers are needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
3. UNL is now offering Campus Visit Grants for students living 100+ miles from Lincoln. This is an awesome opportunity! The student and their family would be provided with an overnight stay at a hotel and/or a stipend for gas mileage. Interested seniors who have not visited campus previously, please email Renee Donner at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. To be eligible for the grant, the student must sign up for a visit by the end of December and come to campus by February.
4. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
5. Reminder to students that you may not pass the school bus when it stopped and the stop sign is out. Please also be aware of icy roads and be watchful of your surroundings when entering and leaving the parking lot.
6. We are missing a PreCalc book from Mrs. Wrage’s room, so whomever has it needs to return it today!!
7. FBLA members see Skyler to sign up for concessions on January 3rd.
8. Students need to clean out their gym lockers & take everything home over the Christmas break. There will be lots of Wrestling teams here in the locker rooms Friday and Saturday so everything needs to be taken home before Friday.
9. The custodians have brought a large amount of articles to the Commons, please take time to look through and take what is yours before you leave for break or the items will be thrown out.
10. Student council members are invited to our annual Holiday gathering today at 2 PM in Mrs Arganbrights room. Bring a small gift for the white elephant gift exchange! Pizza will be provided bring a dessert if you’d like.
11. Semester tests will be given in periods 1-4 today with classes running from 8 am-noon. Students having to take the test will be those that have missed more than 3 absences in a class period, or if they have a 76 or below in a class, or if they have had any suspensions this semester. Friday’s test will be in periods 5-8 and will also be from 8 am till noon.