December 18, 2019
- Lunch for today is Baked Ham w/Dinner Roll, Chicken Nuggets w/Roll, or Strawberry Banana Yogurt Crunch Parfait w/Graham Crackers, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Bean , Fruit & Veggie Bar and Milk
2. Bell Ringers are needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
3. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by today. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
4. UNL is now offering Campus Visit Grants for students living 100+ miles from Lincoln. This is an awesome opportunity! The student and their family would be provided with an overnight stay at a hotel and/or a stipend for gas mileage. Interested seniors who have not visited campus previously, please email Renee Donner at email@example.com to schedule your visit. To be eligible for the grant, the student must sign up for a visit by the end of December and come to campus by February.
5. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
6. Reminder to students that you may not pass the school bus when it stopped and the stop sign is out. Please also be aware of icy roads and be watchful of your surroundings when entering and leaving the parking lot.
7. Student Council is sponsoring Christmas Spirit Days and today is Christmas/Ugly sweater day.
8. We are missing a PreCalc book from Mrs. Wrage’s room, so whomever has it needs to return it today!!
9. Congrats to Holiday Photo Contest winners...1st: Dillion Muirhead, 2nd: Madison Brackeen, & 3rd: Grace Maunu.
10. FBLA members see Skyler to sign up for concessions on January 3rd.
11. Students need to clean out their gym lockers & take everything home over the Christmas break. There will be lots of Wrestling teams here in the locker rooms Friday and Saturday so everything needs to be taken home before Friday.
12. The custodians have brought a large amount of articles to the Commons, please take time to look through and take what is yours before you leave for break or the items will be thrown out.
13. Freshman class go to Mrs Arganbrights room today after school to get a root beer float for winning the can food drive.
14. Student council members are invited to our annual Holiday gathering Thursday at 2PM in Mrs Arganbrights room. Bring a small gift for the white elephant gift exchange! Pizza will be provided bring a dessert if you’d like.
15. The library will be closed all day today.
16. We deliver Head Start baskets today at 11:00 am and you will NOT be allowed to go home to bring items you forgot. Classrooms need to bring their baskets to the Commons at the beginning of period 3 so we can see what items we still are in need of. Remember that if you bring something that needs to be refrigerated to write your family letter on your item before bringing it to the office.
17. LOGOS today at 6:00 pm at the Methodist Church for their Christmas program which is at 7:00 pm.
18. Semester tests will be given in periods 1-4 tomorrow with classes running from 8 am-noon. Students having to take the test will be those that have missed more than 3 absences in a class period, or if they have a 76 or below in a class, or if they have had any suspensions this semester. Friday’s test will be in periods 5-8 and will also be from 8 am till noon. Breakfast is served both days, but no lunch is served either day.