December 12, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Baked Spaghetti w/Garlic Breadstick, Spicy Chicken Sandwich, or Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Gelatin Dessert, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. A reminder to throw your gum in the trash and to not leave it on your lunch tray!!
3. Internship students: please be sure to check your email about due dates for this semester!
4. Wrestling practice after school today. Girls basketball practice 3:45-6:00 pm today at the high school. Boys practice 6:00-8:00 pm at the high school.
5. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
6. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by Wednesday, December 18th. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
7. The Broadcasting class will be having a Holiday photo contest. Submit your most festive photo by today at 4 pm to email@example.com and you can have the chance to win an old Mill gift card.
8. Varsity Wrestling Tri Invite today at Chadron at 6:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:45 pm.
9. Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Todd Co. Friday at 6:00 pm.
10. The FFA is hosting a canned food drive this Friday during the Basketball games. Bring a canned food item to the game with you and you will receive a ticket for a free bag of popcorn!
11. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys Basketball here vs. Cozad Saturday at 2:30 pm.
12. Varsity Wrestling is at Gordon/Rushville Satuday at 11:30 am. Departure at 7:45 am.
13. The ACT test will be given to those who have registered to take it Saturday at 8 am in the commons. Those registered need to bring your ticket, your driver's license, 2 pencils, a calculator, and to be here by 7:50 am.
14. UNL is now offering Campus Visit Grants for students living 100+ miles from Lincoln. This is an awesome opportunity! The student and their family would be provided with an overnight stay at a hotel and/or a stipend for gas mileage. Interested seniors who have not visited campus previously, please email Renee Donner at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. To be eligible for the grant, the student must sign up for a visit by the end of December and come to campus by February.
15. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
16. Internship students, please be sure to check your email about due dates for this semester!
17. Student Council is selling candy cane grams until Tuesday 12/17. 1 for $1 and 6 for $5. Give your friends a small gift for being your friend! Happy Holidays!