December 10, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Beef Stroganoff, Corn dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Baked Beans, Cinnamon Bun, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Girls & Boys basketball practice 3:45-5:00 pm today at the high school.
3. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
4. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by Wednesday, December 18th. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
5. Please scan the QR code and vote for the No Shave November contest! Who do you think had the Best and Best Attempt at No Shave November. The code is located by the teacher’s lounge door.
6. The Broadcasting class will be having a Holiday photo contest. Submit your most festive photo by Wednesday at 4 pm to email@example.com and you can have the chance to win an old Mill gift card.
7. The Middle School music concert will be tonight at 7:00 pm in the Middle School Gym and everyone is welcome to attend.
8. JV Girls basketball here vs. Mullen tonight at 6:00 pm.
9. The FFA is hosting a canned food drive this Friday during the Basketball games. Bring a canned food item to the game with you and you will receive a ticket for a free bag of popcorn!
10. FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am in Mrs. Cardinal’s room.
11. District LDE contest is at North Platte Wednesday. Depart at 5:45 am and returning around 4:30 pm.
12. Congratulations to the following students for being selected to the UNK Honor Bands and Choirs.Selected for the UNK Festival Band is Elliana Springer and for the Honor Band, Sean Springer. Women’s Choir members will include Sarah Butler and Festival Choir will include Madson Brackeen.
13. Congratulations to our Badger of the Week, Kane Fowler. Mrs. Kilmer says Kane Fowler joined us this year for one-act play production, and we are so glad that he did! Kane has been reliable, ready to work at every practice, and has been so coachable. He is dedicated and gives each practice his very best taking all of our feedback and making any changes. The fact that this is his first year on stage has never been apparent. From the very beginning, he knew all his lines, had great volume, and managed to make us laugh during every practice. He also makes each practice fun with his great spirit and cheerful attitude. He earned two Outstanding Performer awards at Southwest Conference and Districts. Kane, you deserve to be Badger of the Week!
14. Congratulations to Cole Simon, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Cardinal says she has really enjoyed having Cole in Information Technology class this year. He is doing a fabulous job and currently has an A in the class. He completes his assignments and gets them done on time. Cole comes to class with a positive attitude. He enjoys joking around with his friends, but he takes pride in his work. When the time comes, he is able to focus in on what needs to be done. He manages his time well. He is accountable. He is building qualities that will serve him well, whatever the future holds for him. Keep up the fabulous work, Cole!