November 21, 2019
- Lunch for today is Roasted Turkey w/Dinner roll, Chicken Nuggets w/roll, or Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Mashed Potatoes w/Chicken Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. One Act Play practice today at 7:00 pm and tomorrow at 7:00 am.
3. Student Council Members if you have not paid your dues you will go on the fines list as of December 1.
4. Sophomores if you did not sell the 10 item requirement you owe dues. Find Mrs. Arganbright to find out how much you owe. If it's not paid by December 1 you will be placed on the fines list.
5. Seniors: If you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook, check with KayLynn Miller.
6. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
7. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
8. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
9. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Girls basketball practice 6:00 am and again after school at the high school this week. Boys will practice today at the high school 4:30-6:00 pm.
10. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 29-Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
11. Sophomores will be taking the Pre-ACT test at MPCC today from 8:00-12:15 pm. Sophomores report to their first period class, then to the Commons and will be bused over to MPCC for the test. The will eat 3rd lunch shift.
12. Med Terms class departs today at 5:30 pm. for Lincoln as they will be visiting Bryan Health tomorrow.
13. National Guard recruiter will be here during lunch tomorrow for those that want to see him.
14. Congratulations to the Mock Trial time on an outstanding job yesterday. They finished the season yesterday by winning the first and losing the second with a split decision. Congratulations to Elli Springer and Kaylee Vavra for being outstanding attorneys. Congratulations to Calvin Stoeger and Sarah Butler for outstanding witnesses.
15. SWC play will be at Minden Monday. Team should arrive at 6:15 and will depart at 6:30 am Monday.