November 20, 2019
- Lunch for today is Beefy Lasagna w/Garlic Breadstick, Pork Fritter Sandwich, or Taco Salad w/Torilla Chips, Corn, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice Thursday at 4:15 pm.
3. Congratulations to the cast and crew of "That's Not How I Remember It" on your 3rd place finish at the Gothenburg Invitational. Your plaque is on its way! A special congratulations to the following for being chosen as Outstanding Performers for the day: Elliana Springer, James Woodraska, Tim Egelhoff, Renee Fisbeck, Grace Woodraska, Jackson Strimple, Calvin Stoeger, and Ben Butcher. Tim Egelhoff was also recognized as the Outstanding Actor of the entire meet and will receive a medal. Way to go; your directors are so proud of you all!
4. Student Council Members if you have not paid your dues you will go on the fines list as of December 1.
5. Sophomores if you did not sell the 10 item requirement you owe dues. Find Mrs. Arganbright to find out how much you owe. If it's not paid by December 1 you will be placed on the fines list.
6. Seniors: If you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook, check with KayLynn Miller.
7. LOGOS tonight at 6:00 pm at the Presbyterian Church and everyone is welcome.
8. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
9. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
10. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
11. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Girls basketball practice 6:00 am and again after school at the high school this week. Boys will practice today at the high school 4:30-6:00 pm.
12. County Government Day will be for the Seniors this morning. Seniors will report to period 1 class for attendance and then meet in the Commons to go to the courthouse. No make up slips will be issued for the periods 1-5 classes and they should be back in class by period 6.
13. Sandhills Leadership will depart for Cody today at 8:00 am.
14. Leadership Summit is at Kearney today. They should be home around 6:00 pm.
15. Departure for the Mock Trial at Bassett is at 8:15 am. The first competition today will be at 10:00 am.
16. Good Luck to Elliana Springer who will be performing at the All Sate Choir Thursday thru Saturday.
17. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 29-Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
18. FBLA Ribbon Team: Please meet in Mrs. Cardinal's room today right after school. All other FBLA members are also welcome to attend to stay informed of our upcoming activities!
19. Sophomores will be taking the Pre-ACT test at MPCC Thursday from 8:00-12:15 pm. Sophomores report to their first period class, then to the Commons and will be bused over to MPCC for the test. The will eat 3rd lunch shift.
20. Med Terms class departs Thursday at 5:30 pm. for Lincoln as they will be visiting Bryan Health on Friday.