November 14, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Home-style Spaghetti w/Garlic Breadstick, Spicy or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, or Fresh Baked combo Sub, Peas, Gelatin Dessert, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice today at 4:15 pm.
3. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
4. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
5. One Act Play practice today at 3:45 pm.
6. Congratulations to the cast and crew of "That’s Not How I Remember It" on your fabulous performance at the Ord Festival on Tuesday! While this was not a competition, it was a great opportunity for this team of 53 to gain feedback and prepare for their first invitational, which will be held on Tuesday, November 19 in Gothenburg. The following were recognized as Outstanding Performers and will receive certificates: Jackson Strimple, Calvin Stoeger, and Hanna Fischer. Renee Fisbeck earned a medal and certificate for being selected as the Outstanding Female Performer for the day. James Woodraska also earned a medal and certificate as the Outstanding Male Performer of the day.
7. District Livestock Judging at Curtis today. Departure will be at 5:15 am.
8. The High School Winter Sports meeting for parents and students will be today at 7:00 pm. in the Commons.
9. UNL Math Day is at Lincoln today. Arrive back to Valentien about 7:30 pm.
10. The football banquet will be tomorrow at 5:30 pm in the Commons. Parents are asked to bring the following: Seniors/Juniors to bring main dish; Sophomores/managers-side dish; and freshmen-dessert.
11. FFA Week is this week! Wear your “bibs and boots” and dressing “punchy” tomorrow.
12. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
13. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
14. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
15. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.