November 13, 2019
- Lunch for today is Home-style Chicken & Noodles w/Dinner roll, Country Fried Steak w/Roll, or Chef Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Mashed Potatoes & Country Gravy, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice Thursday at 4:15 pm.
3. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
4. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
5. One Act Play practice today at 3:45 pm
6. ACT Test Prep will be today from 8-10 am. Students report to period 1 class at 8 am. Classes then run on the 10:00 schedule.
7. Mock Trial is at Ainsworth today at 9 am. Team departs at 7:30 am and should return about 1:45 pm.
8. FFA will meet after school in Mr. Nollette’s room today.
9. District Livestock Judging at Curtis Thursday. Departure will be at 5:15 am.
10. The High School Winter Sports meeting for parents and students will be tomorrow at 7:00 pm. in the Commons.
11. UNL Math Day will be at Lincoln Thursday. Departure will be today at 10:00 am.
12. The football banquet will be Friday at 5:30 pm in the Commons.
13. FFA Week is this week! Wear your “bibs and boots” and dressing “punchy” this Friday.
14. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
15. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
16. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
17. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.