November 12, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Classic Beefy Chili w/Crackers, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Candied Carrots, Cinnamon Bun, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice Thursday at 4:15 pm.
3. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
4. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
5. Ord One Act Festival is today and should return around 5:30 pm.
6. FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
7. ACT Test Prep will be again this Wednesday from 8-10 am. Students report to period 1 class at 8 am. Classes then run on the 10:00 schedule.
8. Departure for UNL Math Day is Wednesday at 10:00 am.
9. Mock Trial is at Ainsworth Wednesday at 9 am. Team departs at 7:30 am and should return about 1:45 pm.
10. FFA will meet after school in Mr. Nollette’s room Wednesday.
11. FFA Week is this week! Wear your “bibs and boots” and dressing “punchy” this Friday.
12. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
13. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
14. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
15. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.