November 11, 2019
- Lunch for today is Chicken Pot Pie, Cheeseburger, or Asian Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Baked Beans, Southwest Sweet Potato Salad, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk. We will be eating during period 4 today since we had a 10:00 start.
2. One Act Play practice at 3:45 pm today and will load the bus after practice.
3. Math Bowl practice @ 3:35 pm today in Mrs. Hoefs' room.
4. Mock Trial practice today at 7:00 pm.
5. The Veteran’s Day Program will be combined with the other schools here in the gym at 2:00 pm today. Classes today run on the 10:00 schedule. Students will go to their period 6 class at 1:43 for attendance and will be dismissed via intercom to go to the program, and then will go back to their 6th period class at the conclusion of the program to get their materials.We will have to miss periods 7-8 today completely.
6. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
7. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
8. American Legion Auxiliary Unit 90 and the Valentine Lions Club are celebrating our Veterans & Remembering Our Fallen with a Potato Bar & Chili Feed tonight from 5-7 pm. Fireworks will go off at 7:30 pm. Everyone is encouraged to also visit the Memorial Wall which is at the Fairgrounds until Wednesday.
9. Congratulatons to Jon Keller, our Badger of the Week. Mr. Beebout says Jon did an excellent job of leading the Valentine Offense from the quarterback position this season. With the help of his teammates Jon was able to pass for over 1,000 yards this season, and rush for almost 500 yards. Jon's hard work in practice also led to his teammates selecting him as a captain this season. Jon was always a great teammate, pushing his peers, but always remaining positive.
10. Congratulations to Katherine Petersen, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Arganbright says Katherine has been nothing but the perfect Broadcasting assistant, even if she is a student in the class she might as well be the teacher. I’ve been able to count on her to help get the livestream set up for our events and she never complains. She is eager to try new things from making video advertisements to podcasts and she will be producing the next Badger Newscast. Thank you Katherine for being my right hand lady.
11. Ord One Act Festival is tomorrow. Drama team will leave at 6:30 am and should return around 5:30 pm.
12. FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
13. ACT Test Prep will be again this Wednesday from 8-10 am. Students report to period 1 class at 8 am. Classes then run on the 10:00 schedule.
14. Departure for UNL Math Day is Wednesday at 10:00 am.
15. Mock Trial is at Ainsworth Wednesday at 9 am. Team departs at 7:30 am and should return about 1:45 pm.
16. FFA will meet after school in Mr. Nollette’s room Wednesday.
17. FFA Week is this week! Wear your “bibs and boots” and dressing “punchy” this Friday.
18. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
19. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
20. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
21. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.