November 7, 2019
- Lunch for today is Beef Goulash w/Garlic Breadstick, Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, or Fresh Baked Roasted Chicken Sub, Herb Roasted Broccoli, Sugar Cookie, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Student council members please pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Seniors need to pay class dues of $20 to Katherine Petersen or Mrs. P.
4. One Act Play practice at 3:45 pm tomorrow.
5. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
6. Boys Basketball will have a brief meeting today at 3:31 in the weight room.
7. Mock Trial practice today at 4:15 pm.
8. Those going to the UNL Math day will have a practice today after school in Mrs. Hoefs room.
9. The High School Fall Music Concert is tonight at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
10. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
11. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
12. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
13. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.
14. The Veteran’s Day Program will be combined with the other schools here in the gym at 2:00 pm Monday, Nov. 11th.
15. American Legion Auxiliary Unit 90 and the Valentine Lions Club are celebrating our Veterans & Remembering Our Fallen with a Potato Bar & Chili Feed Monday, Nov. 11th from 5-7 pm. Fireworks will go off at 7:30 pm. Everyone is encouraged to also visit the Memorial Wall Nov. 9th-13th at the Fairgrounds.