November 6, 2019
- Lunch for today is French Toast Sticks & Sausage, BBQ Rib Sandwich, or Grilled Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Steamed Carrots, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Student council members please pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Seniors need to pay class dues of $20 to Katherine Petersen or Mrs. P.
4. One Act Play practice at 3:45 pm today and at 7:00 am tomorrow.
5. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
6. There will be a Girls basketball meeting today after school in Mr. Jensen’s room.
7. The John Baylor ACT Test Prep will be today from 8-10 am. Classes will then run on 10:00 schedule. Students should report to their period 1 class by 8:00 am for attendance first.
8. There will be a Wrestling team meeting today in Mr. Allison's room after school.
9. LOGOS is tonight at the Presbyterian Church at 6:00 pm. All are welcome.
10. Religious classes at St. Nicholas Catholic church are at 7:00 pm tonight.
11. There will be a Student Council meeting after school today in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
12. Boys Basketball will have a brief meeting Thursday at 3:31 in the weight room.
13. Mock Trial practice Thursday at 4:15 pm.
14. Those going to the UNL Math day will have a practice this Thursday after school in Mrs. Hoefs room.
15. The High School Fall Music Concert is Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
16. Congratulations to Haley Hesse for being selected as the Badger Athlete of the Week. Mrs. Cronin says Haley has made excellent adjustments to be more dominating at the outside position. Against Hershey Haley had 13 kills and is currently leading the team in kills. She has a lot of influence on the team. When Haley is on, the team competes well.
17. Congratulations to Erik Nelson for being our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Cardinal says if selling was a sport at VHS, Erik Nelson would be king this week. The Freshman Fundraiser came to a close on Tuesday and Erik surpassed his $100 sales goal by leaps and bounds, selling $594.50 worth of product. This earned his class $237.80! Way to go, Erik!
18. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
19. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
20. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
21. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.