October 4, 2019
- Lunch for today is Pizza Hut Pizza, BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders, or Turkey Combo Deli Wrap, BBQ Baked Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk. Lunch is served today during period 6.
2. Student council members please remember to pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Freshmen riding their float need to get out to Reimers Well Drilling immediately after school.
4. Attention Football players: Someone left a set of keys at Sandhills Oil
5. Congratulations to the Girls Golf team for placing 3rd out of the 8 conference schools with a 421. Also to Ramsey Ravenscroft for her 3rd place with a 46 and 46 for a total of 92 and was 1st team all-conference. Shauna Radant had a 47 & 52 for a total of 99 and placed 8th qualifying for 2nd team all-conference.
6. Congratulations to all Cross Country runners -- All runners had a personal best yesterday. Some cut a minute or fifty seconds off their time . Lead runner for the boys - Cody Miller Girls - MaKenzie Long.
7. Sophomores remember to share the link to the fancloth store. We are 1/2 to our goal and the store closes October 10th. If you are not going to sell any apparel you can pay your dues to Mrs. Arganbright so you do not get put on the fines list. Thank you.
8. There will be a flu shot clinic sponsored by the local Health Department on Thursday,October 10 at the high school from 9-11am. This is open to school students, staff, families, and the public. The CDC recommends the flu shot for anyone over age 6 MONTHS, with VERY FEW exceptions. Getting the flu shot reduces your risk of getting or carrying the influenza viruses from 40-90%! They do bill insurance so bring your card and parent permission, and let’s reduce influenza in our schools this year!
9. Classes today will run on a 2:00 dismissal schedule with the Homecoming parade beginning at 2:30 pm. Pep Rally will begin at 3:30 on Badger Field, weather permitting. Varsity Football will take on the Gordon/Rushville Mustangs at 7:00 pm. Dress in Red/White & Blue. Crowning of King & Queen will be during half time. The dance will be in the Multi-purpose room and will begin 1 hour after the end of the game and will end at midnight.
10. Valentine PTA will be sponsoring a “Pass the Bucket” raffle. Purchase raffle tickets at the gate and during the first half of the Homecoming football game to earn a chance to win ½ of the donation money in the bucket that will be passed through the crowd. Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
11. Everyone in FBLA needs to sign up on the sheet outside of Mrs. Cardinal’s room to help set up and take down for Old West Days.
12. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be an electronic copy and emailed or a physical copy can be scanned and returned to you.
13. Chadron State College rep will be here Monday, Oct. 7th at 1:00 pm. The rep from Nebraska Wesleyan will be here Tuesday, Oct. 8th at 9:00 am. Sign up in the office if you want to see either one of them.
14. JV Football will be at O’Neill Monday at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:45 pm.
15. One Act Play practice Monday at 7:00 am.
16. The library will be closed Monday periods 1-6.
17. If you are planning on participating in speech this year, please sign up to work concessions! We are running the stands on 10/15/19 (Tuesday - VB) and 10/18/19 (Friday - FB). Please sign up outside of Mrs. Cardinal's room by Wednesday, 10/9/19!