October 3, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Pizza Pasta Bake w/Garlic Breadstick, Mini Corn Dogs, or Fresh Baked Italian Sub, Green Beans, Frozen Fruit Slush, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk
2. The following are the designated days for Homecoming week. Today is VSCO/90’s Grunge, and Friday is Spirit Day!
3. Mock Trial practice today at 4:15 pm.
4. One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 am.
5. Student council members please remember to pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
6. Sophomores remember to share the link to the fancloth store. We are 1/2 to our goal and the store closes October 10th. If you are not going to sell any apparel you can pay your dues to Mrs. Arganbright so you do not get put on the fines list. Thank you.
7. There will be a flu shot clinic sponsored by the local Health Department on Thursday,October 10 at the high school from 9-11am. This is open to school students, staff, families, and the public. The CDC recommends the flu shot for anyone over age 6 MONTHS, with VERY FEW exceptions. Getting the flu shot reduces your risk of getting or carrying the influenza viruses from 40-90%! They do bill insurance so bring your card and parent permission, and let’s reduce influenza in our schools this year!
8. Cross Country at West Holt today at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 12:45 pm.
9. SWC Girls Golf at Broken Bow today at 10:00 am. Departure will be at 7:00 am.
10. Reserve/JV/Varsity Volleyball at Hershey today at 5:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:15 pm.
11. Classes tomorrow will run on a 2:00 dismissal schedule with the Homecoming parade beginning at 2:30 pm. Varsity Football will take on the Gordon/Rushville Mustangs at 7:00 pm. Dress in Red/White & Blue. Crowning of King & Queen will be during half time. The dance will be in the Multi-purpose room and will begin 1 hour after the end of the game and will end at midnight.
12. Valentine PTA will be sponsoring a “Pass the Bucket” raffle. Purchase raffle tickets at the gate and during the first half of the Homecoming football game to earn a chance to win ½ of the donation money in the bucket that will be passed through the crowd. Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
13. The Army representative will be here during lunch tomorrow for those that want to visit with him.
14. Everyone in FBLA needs to sign up on the sheet outside of Mrs. Cardinal’s room to help set up and take down for Old West Days.
15. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be an electronic copy and emailed or a physical copy can be scanned and returned to you.