September 23, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Italian Dunkers w/Marinara Dipping Sauce, Baked Fish & Cheese Sandwich, or Greek Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Steamed Carrots Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk
2. Student council members please remember to pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Homecoming this year will be Friday, Oct. 4th when Valentine Football will take on the Gordon/Rushville Mustangs. Reminder if you are bringing an out of town date to the homecoming dance you need fill out a form and turn in to Mr. Cronin. You can find the form in the office!
4. John Baylor ACT Test Prep Day will be today from 8-10 am. Students should go to their period 1 class at 8:00 for attendance and then go to their assigned ACT test prep room. Seniors should report to period 1 class for attendance and then to the Commons today. Classes run on 10:00 schedule rest of the day.
5. The UNK rep will be here today at 1:00 p.m. Those interested in seeing them need to sign up in advance in the office. This will be during period 5 class since we will be running on a shortened class schedule.
6. There will be a brief Jr. Class window and float committee meeting today after school in Mrs. Adams room. If you don’t remember if you are one of those committees see Mrs. Adams.
7. JV Football here vs. Alliance today at 5:00 pm.
8. FBLA Fall Leadership Conference will be in Hastings tomorrow. Departure will be 4:30 am.
9. Freshmen class officer meeting tomorrow at 7:30 am in Mrs. Hoefs room.
10. One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 pm
11. Valentine Golf Invite tomorrow at 10:00 am.
12. Reserve & JV Volleyball at Gordon/Rushville tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Team dismiss 3:00 pm.
13. State Range Judging at Holt co. Wednesday. Team will depart at 6 am and should return by the end of the school day.
14. Congratulations to the 2019-2020 FBLA Officers: President - Katherine Petersen, Vice President - Madison Brackeen, Secretary/Treasurer - Logan Cate, & Public Relations - Emma Richards
15. Congratulations to Ryan O’Kief, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Mr. Beebout says Ryan has played extremely well for the Badgers this season. He continues to improve each day in practice and each Friday night. Ryan is one of the team leaders in tackling, while always being a "true" teammate-putting the team first. The coaching staff has been very impressed with Ryan's work ethic, effort, and attitude this season.
16. Congratulations to Jared Ellis, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Swim says Jared went above and beyond this week for Art 1. He graciously volunteered to bring horses for the class to draw and observe. Jared lined up a day and with the cooperation of his family the horses arrived just on time for their debut as models for sketching. His horse, Sonny was gentle and “well behaved” when he came to school. It was an honor for Jared to offer this to the Art 1 class.