September 9, 2019
- Lunch for today is Cheeseburger Soup w/Dinner roll, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Fajita Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Green Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk
- High School Activity passes can be purchased in the office. Prices are $35.00 for students, $70.00 for adults and $175.00 for family pass.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than September 19.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year are available on a first come first serve basis for $50.
5. Jostens orders for Senior class rings and letterman jackets are due by today to Mrs. P. Letterman order forms are in the office.
6. Sophomores should have received a class ring order packet in their English class. Ordering a class ring is an option and is not mandatory. Students should visit with their parents before deciding to order a class ring.
7. Individual school pictures will be taken by Adamson’s Studio Wednesday during period 1 class. You will need to present the packet to Adamson’s this Wednesday when you go to the auditorium for the picture. Seniors will need to report to the auditorium between 7:30-8:00 am to have a picture taken for the files.
8. FFA Edge Conference is at North Platte today.
9. JV Football at Chadron today at 6:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm. Remember to turn in your make up slips for period 8 if you have not already done so.
10. Mock Trial will still have try outs at 4:15 pm today, even though Mrs. Adams is gone, she will be back for the try outs.
11. Girls Golf will be at Chadron tomorrow at 10:00 am. Team will depart at 6:30 am.
12. Football practice will be at 6 pm on Tuesday.
13. JV & Varsity Volleyball Tri Invite will be here vs. O’Neill & West Holt tomorrow at 5:30 pm.
14. Student Council will meet Wednesday at 3:35 pm in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
15. Congratulations to this week’s Badger Athlete of the Week, Morgan McGinley. Mr. Beebout says Morgan McGinley rushed for 92 yards and also had 63 yards receiving vs. Mitchell. Morgan was also able to break away for an 83 yard touchdown run which helped seal the victory over the Tigers. Morgan has continued to work hard and hold himself accountable to his teammates and coaches. This has helped him and the team improve each and every day.
16. Congratulations to this week’s Badger Scholar of the Week, Brysen Limbach. Mrs. Kilmer says Brysen selected challenging classes for himself this year and is doing well in each of them. I am particularly proud of his efforts in Pre-Calculus and celebrated a great first quiz score with him. This week, I also witnessed his perseverance and resiliency in a situation where he could have just as easily quit, but he saw his hard work pay off. In addition, I admire his positivity and joyful nature.
17. All Juniors and Seniors will attend the College Fair in Chadron tomorrow. Students will have the opportunity to visit with representatives from 50+ 2-year schools, 4-year schools, and branches of the military. Students should arrive at school at 7 a.m. and will return by 4 p.m. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Juniors will then choose 1 or 2 of the following group college visits. Seniors are encouraged, but not required, to attend any of the following group visits:
· UNK and CCC in Hastings - September 19. We will leave at 7 am and will return at approximately 8:30 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
· Wayne State and Northeast Community College - October 28. We will leave at 7 am and return by approximately 7 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
· NCTA in Curtis (and hopefully Mid-Plains Community College) will either be November 4 or 5. Mrs. Kilmer is still working on the details but wanted to share the dates. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.