VHS Daily Announcements
Thursday, September 05, 2019
September 5, 2019
- Lunch for today is Chicken Ranch Pasta w/Dinner Roll, BBQ Rib Sandwich, or fresh baked Italian Sub, Western Green Beans, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk
- High School Activity passes can be purchased in the office. Prices are $35.00 for students, $70.00 for adults and $175.00 for family pass.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than September 19. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions.
- Mid-Plains Community College will be here today from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the board room for students to take the Accuplacer.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year (last year) have arrived and may be picked up in the office if you ordered one. If you did not order one we have a few extras that are on a first come first serve basis for $50.
- Girls golf will be at West Holt today at 9:00 am.
- JV & Varsity Volleyball today at Winner at 4:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:45 pm.
- Jostens orders for Senior class rings and letterman jackets are due by Monday, Sept. 9th to Mrs. P. Letterman order forms are in the office.
- Sophomores will receive a class ring order packet in their English class. These can be ordered on line for those that are interested in purchasing one. Ordering a class ring is an option and is not mandatory. Students should visit with their parents before deciding to order a class ring.
- Cross Country will be at Ainsworth Invite today at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:40 pm.
- Mock Trial will practice today at 4:15 pm.
- The Marine Recruiter will be here over the lunch period Friday for those that want to see him.
- Any track athletes not in XC please see Mrs. Arganbright to work in the concession stand Friday at the football game.
- Varsity Football here vs. Ogallala Friday at 7:00 pm.
- Who is hungry for doughnuts? FBLA will be selling Krispy Kremes on Friday after school and at the football game. Tell your parents, grandparents, neighbors, everyone! $10 per dozen or $1 each! On site sales only - cash or check. Feed your hunger. Thank you for your support of FBLA.
- A reminder to those applying for FBLA officers, three sets of cover letter, resume, and references are due on Friday, 9/6/19. Please give them to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Cardinal by the end of the school day - 3:31 pm!
- Individual school pictures will be taken by Adamson’s Studio next Wednesday, Sept. 11th during period 1 class. Your first period teacher today should have given you a picture packet to take home to your parents. The office does not need to have this packet back. You will need to present the packet to Adamson’s next Wednesday when you go to the auditorium for the picture. Seniors should not have received a picture packet but will need to report to the auditorium between 7:30-8:00 am next Wednesday to have a picture taken for the files.