High School Daily Announcements
Monday, May 13, 2019
May 13, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Taco Burger, Beef & Bean Burrito, or Crispy Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Hash Brown Triangle, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Volleyball girls going to Ogallala team camp, to stop in the office and pick up a registration form.
- If you did not order a Yearbook yet for the 2018-2019 school year see the office.
- A current fines list is posted in the office window. All fines need to be taken care of before you leave for the summer.
- Lost and found articles are in the Commons. Please look through them and take home what is yours.
- If you are interested in taking a Business Communications and Entrepreneurship class with the possibility of starting a student-run business during the 2019-2020 school year, see Mrs. Kilmer or Mrs. Manning.
- All library books are due back to the Library and any fines due will need to be paid before you check out.
- There will be a boys basketball meeting today after school in Mr. Beebout’s room
- Boys District Golf at Cambridge today.
- Congratulations to Drake Janssen for being our Badger Athlete of the week. Mr. Beebout says Drake has been one of our top male performers this year on the Valentine Track Team. Last Thursday at the C-9 District Track Meet, Drake anchored the champion 4x800 relay team and then won the boys 1600 meter run. Drake is one of the hardest workers in practice and his competitive spirit has helped him consistently lower his splits and mile time. Congrats Drake, we are proud of you.
- Congratulations to Abbie Sandoz for being selected as the Badger Scholar of the week: We're going to miss Abbie next year. She is always willing to help people. Abbie mentors students and did her internship at the elementary school. She knows every little kid in town and meets them with a huge smile and a hug. Last week when another student dropped their lunch tray, Abbie was the only student who jumped in and helped. Thanks for all you do, Abbie!
- Congratulations to the golf team on winning their own Valentine Invite with a 362. We had 4 medal in the top 10.
- Reminder to student council members check your email and vote for officers!
- Students who are interested in helping as actors/actresses for EMS scenarios, should let Mrs. Kilmer or the Chief of Police Dana Miller know. The event will occur on May 21 at 7 pm. This is a fun learning experience that serves as community service for your resume as well.
- Today will be the last day of school for those that do not have to take semester tests. Student check out sheets were handed out during period 1 today. Students will clean out their lockers during English classes today. Those that need to take semester tests will need to wait till after they take their tests Tuesday & Wednesday to have their teacher sign their sheets. The office will not sign off for lunch balances until after lunch is over today. Students should be able to take care of any fines in between classes and should not leave class to do this.
- Semester tests will be given in periods 1-4 tomorrow and in periods 5-8 Wednesday for those that need to take them. Classes will run from 8:00 am till noon both days. Breakfast will be served these two days but no lunch is served either day.
- Report cards may be picked up Thursday in the office between 1:00-3:30 pm. Those that do not pick up report cards at that time can expect them in the mail the following week. Summer weight lifting and physical information will be in with the report cards.
- Happy birthday this week to Lizzie Harvey, Holden O’Dell, Tamara Benedict, Renee Fisbeck, Rece Jordan, Evan Pettigrew, & Rome Kills.