High School Daily Announcements
Thursday, May 09, 2019
May 9, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Beef Stroganoff w/Dinner roll, Popcorn Chicken Bites w/roll, or Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Ranch Potatoes, Peanut Butter Bar, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Volleyball girls going to Ogallala team camp, to stop in the office and pick up a registration form.
- If you did not order a Yearbook yet for the 2018-2019 school year see the office.
- Valentine golf invite will now be Friday at 10:30. Golfers will go to period 1 class and will be dismissed at 8:50 to go to Frederick’s Peak.
- Lost and found articles are in the Commons. Please look through them and take home what is yours.
- District Track is at Bayard today at 11:30 am with departure at 6:30 am.
- If you are interested in taking a Business Communications and Entrepreneurship class with the possibility of starting a student-run business during the 2019-2020 school year, see Mrs. Kilmer or Mrs. Manning.
- All library books are due back to the Library and any fines due will need to be paid before you check out.
- Track uniform check in will be Friday after school for those who have not qualified for the State Track meet. Please try and have your uniforms washed. Thank you.
- Students who are signed up to take Calculus, Pre-Calc, Statistics, and College Comp next school year should plan to take the Accuplacer today. Carolyn Petersen from Mid-Plains will be here from 8-3:31.
- It was a great day for the Badgers at the Chadron Scholastic Contest! Overall, our students placed 2nd in Division III. The following students placed in the top 25%:Dylan Witt 2nd place in Business Management Decision Making, Ryan O'Kief 2nd place in Earth Science, Lane McGinley 2nd place in Human Development and Family Life, Fletcher Larsen 4th place in Veterinary Sciences and 4th place in Animal Science, Delaney Robison 5th place in Agronomy and Rangeland Management, Nathan Miller 1st place in General Anatomy and Physiology and 4th place in Nebraska History, Bailey Witt 4th place in General Anatomy and Physiology and 3rd place in Equine Management, Reaghan Shelbourn 1st place in Literature and 1st place in American Government, Bradi Larabee 3rd place in Literature, Cody Miller 6th place in Plane Geometry, Lizzie Harvey 2nd place in English Usage, Shane Urbin 2nd place in Nebraska History, Morgan McGinley and Hank Lancaster tied for 1st place in Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Seniors: turn your scholarship listing in to Mrs. Kilmer ASAP. You can email her your list or share it as a google doc. Also Seniors, if you want to get your “duck” shirt you have to do it today or tomorrow.
- Students who are interested in helping as actors/actresses for EMS scenarios, should let Mrs. Kilmer or the Chief of Police Dana Miller know. The event will occur on May 21 at 7 pm. This is a fun learning experience that serves as community service for your resume as well.
- Seniors reminder to wear your senior shirts if you have them tomorrow for the picture in the yearbook.
- Seniors will report to period 1 classes Friday to check out of that class and then will go to the Commons for their group picture, then to the gym for graduation rehearsal and to receive their cap & gown. Graduation will be held in the Auditorium Saturday at 4:00 pm
- The ACT test will be given at Todd Co. for those that have registered in advance.
- Monday will be the last day of school for those that do not have to take semester tests. Student check out sheets will be handed out during period 1 Monday. Students will clean out their lockers during English classes Monday. Those that need to take semester tests will need to wait till after they take their tests Tuesday & Wednesday to have their teacher sign their sheets.