High School Daily Announcements
Wednesday, May 08, 2019
May 8, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Macaroni & Cheese w/Dinner Roll, Pork Fritter Sandwich, or Taco Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Corn, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Volleyball girls going to Ogallala team camp, to stop in the office and pick up a registration form.
- If you did not order a Yearbook yet for the 2018-2019 school year see the office.
- Attention Seniors: Turn in a wallet size picture to Mrs. Stoner by today for the hallway composite.
- Seniors: remember to turn your scholarship listing in to Mrs. Kilmer ASAP. You can email her your list or share it as a google doc.
- Chadron Scholastic contest is today. They should be home by 4:00 today.
- Valentine golf invite that was scheduled for Thursday will now be Friday. Students have their make up slips.
- Baccalaureate will be in the Auditorium today at 7:00 pm. Pastor Maunu asks any senior that would like to read a favorite scripture for the service to sign up in Mrs. Pilakowski’s room.
- Seniors reminder to wear your senior shirts if you have them on Friday. The journalism class will be taking a group picture.
- District Track will be at Bayard Thursday at 11:30 am with departure at 6:30 am.
- If you are interested in taking a Business Communications and Entrepreneurship class with the possibility of starting a student-run business during the 2019-2020 school year, please see Mrs. Kilmer or Mrs. Manning as soon as possible.
- All library books are due back to the Library and any fines due will need to be paid before you check out at the end of the year.
- TeamMates will have an Ice Cream Social at the Middle School from 3-4 pm today. Middle and High School students in Teammates are all welcome.
- Track uniform check in will be Friday after school for those who have not qualified for the State Track meet. Please try and have your uniforms washed. Thank you.
- The stats class would like to thank you for participating in their project this year. They had 131 participants. the oldest car is a 1969 with the newest a 2018. Average is from 2000-2008. 48% of the vehicles are cars, 32% pickup, 15% SUV, and 2% Jeeps. Out of 43 freshmen 33 didn't know engine size, 12 of you drive a manual. The most common miles per gallon is 20, best is 38 (Mrs. Arganbright will trade with you) and worst is about 4. Thank you for everyone who participated.
- Students who are signed up to take Calculus, Pre-Calc, Statistics, and College Comp next school year should plan to take the Accuplacer tomorrow. Carolyn Petersen from Mid-Plains will be here from 8-3:31. To qualify for dual-credit, students will need:Calculus: an ACT Math score of 26 or take the Accuplacer, Pre-Calc: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer,Statistics: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer,College Comp: ACT Reading and English scores of 18 or take the Accuplacer,This has not changed from last year. These are the only 4 classes that require an Accuplacer score, and students may take the test more than once in order to get the needed score. If you do not complete the test during these days, students will need to report to Mid-Plains OVER THE SUMMER BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS IN AUGUST to retest. Do not let this opportunity pass you by!