High School Daily Announcements
Tuesday, May 07, 2019
May 7, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Super Nachos, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub w/sub bar, Refried Beans, Cinnamon Stick, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Mock Trial t-shirts are $15.00 and need to be picked up from Mrs. Adams. You will go on the fines list if you have not paid for your shirt.
- Prom pictures are done. Check the email you gave the photographer if you’d like to purchase.
- Volleyball girls going to Ogallala team camp, to stop in the office and pick up a registration form.
- If you did not order a Yearbook yet for the 2018-2019 school year see the office.
- Attention Seniors: Turn in a wallet size picture to Mrs. Stoner by today for the hallway composite.
- Seniors: remember to turn your scholarship listing in to Mrs. Kilmer ASAP. You can email her your list or share it as a google doc.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Boys golf for placing 2nd yesterday with a 351 at the Hwy 20 Invite at Bassett. Ryan O’Kief placed 4th with 84, Dillion Muirhead 8th with 86, ad Grant Fischer 12th with 88.
- Chadron Scholastic contest is Wednesday. Departure at 6:00 am.
- Baccalaureate will be in the Auditorium Wednesday at 7:00 pm. Pastor Maunu asks any senior that would like to read a favorite scripture for the service to sign up in Mrs. Pilakowski’s room.
- Students are reminded to keep your passbook with you when you are out and about and that you only are allowed two passes per day. Refrain from coming to the office uless it’s an emergency. Most things can be taken care of in between classes.
- All girls out for any sport need to meet after school in the library today to talk about weight room stuff for the summer.
- If you are interested in taking a Business Communications and Entrepreneurship class with the possibility of starting a student-run business during the 2019-2020 school year, please see Mrs. Kilmer or Mrs. Manning as soon as possible.
- All library books are due back to the Library by today and any fines due will need to be paid before you check out at the end of the year.
- The library will be open today from 9:30 till 1:00 pm.
- TeamMates will have an Ice Cream Social at the Middle School from 3-4 pm Wednesday. Middle and High School students in Teammates are all welcome.
- Happy birthday to the following this week: Dillion Muirhead, Fletcher Larsen, Haley Hesse, Samantha Phillips, Conner Fowler, & Sarah Butler.
- Congratulations to Jennifer Sinnett for being selected as the Badger Scholar of the week. Mrs. Manning says she enjoys having Jennifer in both Accounting I and Personal Finance! She does a wonderful job with the concepts in both classes. Jennifer does a great job of helping out some of her classmates in Accounting I when they are having a tough time understanding where or how to post a transaction.
- Congratulations to Dillion Muirhead for being selected as the Badger Athlete of the week: Dillion has had a really good season so far. This last week at the Southwest Conference Golf meet in Cozad, Dillion was the top scorer for the Badgers by shooting an 86 which placed him 13th and earned him 3rd team All-Southwest Conference honors.
- Students who are signed up to take Calculus, Pre-Calc, Statistics, and College Comp next school year should plan to take the Accuplacer today, tomorrow, or Thursday. Carolyn Petersen from Mid-Plains will be here from 8-3:31 all three days. To qualify for dual-credit, students will need:Calculus: an ACT Math score of 26 or take the Accuplacer, Pre-Calc: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer,Statistics: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer,College Comp: ACT Reading and English scores of 18 or take the Accuplacer,This has not changed from last year. These are the only 4 classes that require an Accuplacer score, and students may take the test more than once in order to get the needed score. If you do not complete the test during these days, students will need to report to Mid-Plains OVER THE SUMMER BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS IN AUGUST to retest. Do not let this opportunity pass you by!