Valentine Middle School will be having a track and field day for 6th grade students on Monday, May 13th, starting at 12:15 p.m. at the VHS track; concluding around 3 p.m. This is in culmination to the introductory track unit they have been learning in Physical Education classes. Each student has signed up for at least 2 running events and 2 field events. This is the 3rd year for this track meet and the length of the meet is still a work in progress. Parents are welcome and encouraged to come and watch their child participate!
Students will eat lunch at the middle school and then walk to the track with their teachers. Items students may need for the meet include the following:
- Sunscreen, Ball Caps, Sunglasses
- Healthy Snacks
- Sweats or Rain Gear in case of inclement weather
- Appropriate shoes for running
- Shorts and T-shirt for participating
***There will be NO rain date. If it rains that day, there will not be a make up date.***
ORDER OF EVENTS: (all times are approximate)
- Field Events
- 12:15 p.m. Boys Long Jump; Girls Softball Throw; Boys Frisbee Throw
- 12:45 p.m. Girls Long Jump; Boys Softball Throw; Girls Frisbee Throw
- 1:15 p.m. High Jump
- 1:45 p.m. Sack Race
- Running Events - 1: 50 p.m.
- 1600 Meter Run
- 100 Meter Dash
- 400 Meter Run
- 200 Meter Dash
- 800 Meter Dash
- 4x100 Meter Relay - every student!