High School Daily Announcements
Monday, April 01, 2019
April 1, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Chicken Fajita w/Roasted Peppers & Onions, Pork Fritter Sandwich, or Oriental Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Zesty Black Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the office.
- Congratulations to the art and photography students for the incredible showing of VHS creative efforts at the Keya Paha Art Show. We came home with over 150 ribbons, 21 top honors of Judge’s Merit awards were earned by the following students; Mercy Maunu, Macy Homan, Kaylee Vavra, Calvin Stoeger, Jakob Harp, Allison Hitchcock, Tyra Charging, Kylee Simon, Madison Brackeen, Lindsey Boes, Sarah Butler, Jessica Reynolds, Sean Shepler, Madison York, Jorden Dittmer, and Wyatt Nolze.
- Reminder that if you do intend on going to prom the deadline for all the forms to be signed and turned in to Mrs. Adams is next Friday, April 5th.
- Order forms for T Shirts for the three time state champion Badger wrestling team are in the office for anyone interested. Orders must be placed with the Outback by May 1st.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Attention sophomores: If you are interested in attending the Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar May 31-June 2, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- If ordering a tuxedo for prom from the Outback please order by today.
- Varsity Track at Bassett today at 10:00 am. Field Events start at 10:00 and Running at noon.
- No school tomorrow for Freshman, Sophomore & Senior classes due to Juniors taking the ACT test.
- Junior class will be taking their Nebraska State Accountability test. ALL JUNIORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT SCHOOL BY 7:30 AM. tomorrow. The ACT test is a time consuming test and will require testing from 8:00 am until approximately 1:00 – 1:15 pm. Once the ACT testing starts, students are not to enter or leave. Lunch will not be provided. Juniors will be dismissed for the day at approximately 1:00 pm.
- FFA State Convention in Lincoln is Wednesday through Friday. Departure at 2:00 pm tomorrow.
- There will be a Post Prom meeting tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m. in the Commons. All Junior and Senior parents are encouraged to attend.
- Quiz Bowl team will practice Wednesday at 7:15 am.
- Boys basketball will meet Wednesday after school in Mr. Loofe’s room.
- Departure for the Mullen Art show will be at 7:30 am Thursday.