Valentine Middle and High School Parent PowerSchool Login
Creating Your Account
New this year for Middle School and High School parents. Now you can sign up for a Parent PowerSchool account and monitor all of your children from one location and login.
You will need the following information when setting up your new PowerSchool accounts. Your students Name, their access number and password. If you don't have these, please give us a call and we can get it for you.
- Go To https://valentine.powerschool.com. You will see the following screen. Click on the Create Account Tab. You will need to select “Create Account” which is the second tab, as the “Sign In” tab will not function until you create a new account with a new username and password. If you attempt to sign in using the Parent Sign In prior to creating an account, you will receive the message “Invalid User Name or Password”.
- This is what you will see after selecting the tab, “Create Account”: Select “Create Account” in the lower right hand corner.
- The following screen will appear:
- On this screen you must enter all information requested in the “Create Parent Account” section. We suggest that you use a Username and Password for your “new” login that you may currently be using as that would be easier to remember, but you may enter anything you choose. The only requirement is that the password must be 6 characters/numbers long. No matter what you decide, please write down your new username and password for future reference.
- In the “Link Student to Account” section at the bottom, you must enter at least one student using the Access ID and password that is contained in the letter to access your student(s) PowerSchool data. Use your IDs and passwords, not your student's which they would have received separately! If you have more than one student attending Valentine Schools, this is the time to enter all your children’s names (there is room for 7!!) and the passwords.
- After entering all the information select “Enter” (not visible on our screen shot above) at the bottom right corner of the window. You may have to scroll down. If everything is correct, a new sign-on window will appear. If there was an omission/error made, it will indicate what is wrong and it must be corrected before you will be allowed to sign in.
- After PowerSchool accepts what you entered, you will need to enter your “new” Username and Password to enter PowerSchool. Upon entering, you will see the data screen for your student. However, if you linked more than one student to your account, you will see all their names in the upper left corner of the screen. Just click on one to go to that student’s PowerSchool data. When you’re finished with one student just click on the name of another to access that data.
- Please check out the “Account Preference” section in the column on the left. If you click on that, the tab called “Profile” will allow you to change your Account Preferences - Profile. Items that can be changed are: Name, email, username, and password. On another tab in Account Preferences, called “Students”, you can also add students to your account if you did not initially enter them.
Please encourage your students to log onto PowerSchool as well and keep up to date on his/her grades and assignments. And if you have not taken advantage of PowerSchool in the past, we hope that you will. We continue to feel that PowerSchool is a tremendous tool for you and your student(s).